I am here today to introduce you to a watch that seems to keep improving as time goes on.
Welcome to my Fibit Charge 2 Review.
In this review, I will be introducing you to the new Fitbit Charge 2 and what it will have to offer you.
Do I think it is worth the money?
IDK lets find out.
- Product: Fitbit Charge 2
- Price: $149.95 (Amazon Price)
- Colors Available: Black, Blue, Plum, and Teal
- My Rating: 8 out of 10
Fitbit Charge 2 Overview
With the new and improved Charge 2, you could look for many upgrades compared to it’s brother the Charge.
With the new Charge 2, you could look for new specs like the PurePulse heart rate tracking, calendar, call and text notifications, and a much larger screen to see your daily progress.
So lets get a little more into detail with the Charge 2 Upgrades.
First Lets Talk About The Prісе
On Amazon, which is my favorite place for most of my shopping needs, you could find the beautiful Fitbit Charge 2 for the price of $149.95.
To be completely honest, I agree with the price, only because that is the price for some fitness trackers that do not have heart monitors built in and sometimes don’t have notification updates.
Take the Garmin Forerunner 230 for example, doesn’t come with a built-in heart rate monitor and it could cost up to $240.
So that being said, price is pretty fair to me, but I’ll let you know my overall take on the Charge 2 in the end.
Get Your Fitbit Charge 2 Here
Fitbit Charge 2 Review – In Depth
Below I will be going a little more in-depth with the different types of features you could get with the new Charge 2.
- Heart Rate Monitor: With the new Charge 2, it has a built-in heart rate monitor unlike it’s prior brother. You are able to track your real time heart rate continuously on your wrist so you could get the best of your workout.
- Guided Breathing Sessions: Something new that has been added is the guided breathing sessions which is basically a personalized breathing session that is based on your real time heart rate.
- Notifications: Unlike the regular Fitbit Charge HR, you are now able to see your notifications on the upgraded Charge 2 on a bigger and more elegant screen.With notifications, your able to see your calls, texts and calendar reminders without the need of taking out your phone. Now you could stay connected and stay focused with your fitness goals all on your wrist.
- Tracking Your Workouts: If you are looking for what this little guy could offer you workout wise, then I’m about to give you the breakdown.With this little fella, you could track your all day workouts and more. It will even tell you how much calories you are burning and get little snapshots of your cardio fitness level.It will track activities like your number of steps taken, distance, the amount of floors you climbed, all your active minutes, and when you aren’t active, it will remind you to move and stop being lazy.
- Sleep Tracker: Fitbit seems to be getting better with their watches because now, the Charge 2 will automatically track how long you sleep to better help you work on getting a good nights sleep.If you are the type of person that likes to set alarms to help you wake up in the morning, but afraid of the loud reminder because your partner is a grouchy sleeper, then there is no need to worry.The watch has a silent alarm that gently vibrates when your alarm goes off and peacefully wakes you and not your partner.I know I said gently and you’re probably thinking it’s very light, well it isn’t and you will for sure feel it going off on your wrist.
- Multi-Sport Mode: Lets not forget this feature for it will help you out. With this mode, it will track specific exercises like running, yoga and weights.
- Connected GPS: When you connect your phones GPS to the watch, you could get real-time run stats. You get things like your pace, distance and a map of your route, post workout of course. This is great so you could see ways to improve your running and maybe your route for more challenges.
- Customizable Watch Faces: Now with the Charge 2, you could customize your watch face to how you like it and how you want to view things. Great little feature!
- Customize Your Bands: Now you could choose from the different types of bands offered. You could wear a different color or style that matches your everyday outfits. No more of the same style watch everyday, look different from the rest 🙂
Is The Charge 2 Waterproof
Sadly the Charge 2 is not waterproof and only water and sweat resistant.
Meaning, you could work out with the watch and there is no problem with a little sweat getting on it, you just cant shower with it or take a swim with it.
On another note, if you do get caught in the rain while running, don’t be alarmed. The watch will not break but just don’t stay in the rain for too long.
If you are looking for a great activity tracker that is waterproof and you could actually swim with it, check out the Garmin Vivoactive HR.
That being said, you could still do almost everything with the Charge 2, just don’t be to rough with it.
What Is The Battery Life Like
With the battery life on the Charge 2, you could expect it to go 5 days strong. The reason behind that is because you can’t set the watch display to stay on 24-7.
I would think if the watch display was to be on the whole time, you would probably be luck to even get one day of battery life.
With the Charge 2, you could set up the watch to show the time and display every time you turn your wrist to the viewing position.
To charge your Charge 2, all you have to do is use the cradle dock that comes with it. Below is how the cradle looks.
Lets Talk About Compatibility
The Fitbit Charge 2 is compatible with almost any type of mobile device. As long as you could download the Fitbit app, then you should be good to go.
The Charge 2 syncs wirelessly and automatically to more than 200+ iPhone, Android and Windows devices.
So this is a plus on this device.
Fitbit Charge 2 Pros & Cons
- Compatable with over 200+ devices.
- Has a built-in heart rate monitor.
- Is sweat and water resistant.
- Blends well with any type of clothing style.
- Battery life could take you up to 5 days so you don’t have to worry about charging so often.
- The price is right (my opinion)
- It is not completly waterproof.
Overall Take On The Charge 2
Honestly, I love the Charge 2 and I think that Fitbit has done an amazing job with it.
Although it isn’t waterproof, I still like the fact that it is water resistant.
The Charge 2 is very similar to it’s big brother the Fitbit Blaze. The only reason why I’m liking the Charge 2 more than it’s brother Blaze is due to the way it charges.
With the Charge 2 you just clip on the charging cradle and with the Blaze, you have to actually take off the watch face.
If you are looking for a great fitness tracker that will look good with your everyday outfit, the Charge 2 will be the way to go.
Get Your Fitbit Charge 2 Here
I really hope this Fitbit Charge 2 Review was able to help you answer any questions you might of had about this watch.
If I wasn’t able to answer your question, please feel free to leave it below along with any feedback or comments you might have.
Take care and have a great one 🙂