Garmin Vivoactive Hr Review
- Product: Garmin Vivoactive HR
- Style: GPS Smartwatch
- Price: $249.99
- Colors Available: Black
- My Rating: 8.5 out of 10
About the Garmin Vivoactive HR
- GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high resolution color touchscreen
- Customizable with free watch face designs, widgets and apps from Connect IQ store
- 24/7 Heart Rate Monitoring- which gives you accuracy on your activity tracking with no straps or anything involved so you can work out comfortably.
- Intensity Minutes which monitors your progress against aerobic activity.
- Receive smart notifications so you don’t miss out on any important information when paired to your smartphone and smart coaching from Garmin Connect when paired with your phone.
- Long lasting battery life up to 8 days in watch/activity tracking mode
- Built in sports apps including GPS-enabled running, biking, swimming and more- no phone connection required.
Having a GPS Smartwatch with Elevate Heart Rate monitor 24/7
With the Elevate Heart Rate technology, it measures heart rate at your wrist, gauging your efforts without the need of those separately sold chest straps. Just to not using the chest straps for me is a big plus, because now i don’t have to worry about the straps bothering me while working out or sliding off when I get to sweaty.
With the built-in heart rate monitor, now you can increase the tensity of your workouts without the worry and get the best out of it.
Having the ability to receive notifications on your fitness tracker
With the Garmin Vivoactive HR, you can stay up-to-date with all your notifications you would receive on your phone. You can receive phone calls, social media updates and any other alerts from mobile apps.
When you receive a notification, the Vivoactive HR will gently vibrate letting you know that you have an update or a call coming in. You will always know whats going on or if anything that requires any immediate attention needs to attended too.
The Vivoactive HR can also display weather information, temperature and more. You can also control the music playing on your mobile device, locate your mobile device, remotely control your camera, and let your friends and family track your activities in real time with LiveTrack.
One of the great things as well is the ability to change your watch face, data fields, apps and widgets from your Connect IQ online store so you don’t get board looking at the same thing everyday.
Keeping on track for a healthier lifestyle
With the Garmin Vivoactive HR, your able to track your runs, biking, swimming, gold, skiing, and more. The GPS enabled built-in sports apps track your stats while smart notifications allow you to stay connected, all so you can keep your life in balance without missing a thing.
Throughout the day, the Vivoactive will continuously track your steps and floors climbed as well as monitoring your sleep and calculating intensity minutes. You won’t have to worry about your watch going out on you either because its battery life can last up to 8 days in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 13 hours using GPS.
Using the built-in accelerometer and GPS, the Vivoactive HR will allow you to run both indoor and out. You can set up vibration alerts for heart rate, pace, run/walk intervals and more. Post-run, the Vivoactive will provide you with stats like total milage, calories burned, and the overall average pace and time.
When riding your bike, the Vivoactive will measure the time, distance, speed, and calories. It’s also comparable with sensors, such as speed and cadence, to measure the progress on training rides as well as your daily commutes.
When swimming in the pool, your able to see stats like total and interval distance, pace, stroke count, stroke time and more.With the swimming app, it will calculate your efficiency using swolf, which adds the time and number of strokes it takes you to swim a pools length.
With the interval count, it lets you pause and resume your workout. At the end of your workouts, you can view your summary data, that includes interval and session averages, your overall time, and your personal records.
With the golfing app, your able to play a new course everyday by downloading 1 of 40,000 course maps worldwide form the golf course data base. The golfing app can show you the view of the green and help you track your score, letting you see if you are under or over par.
The Garmin Vivoactive HR has a lot more activities it can track but I just named a few off so you can get an idea how the tracking works.
- Usage of watch using swipes/touches and two buttons makes it easy to use.
- Battery life if great and charges extremely fast.
- GPS accuracy
- Display of graphics on watch is readable
- Using Garmin Express (on desktop), you are able to configure each app and it saves automatically to your watch.
- Developer friendly
- Integration with phone, web, desktop applications is flawless.
- Great for athletic people
- Able to receive notifications
- A little too much on my pocket
- The watch face is a little bulky for my wrist
- Hard to read the screen when in a dim area
- Touch screen doesn’t respond very well when wet
The Garmin Vivoactive HR is a great watch for the many activities it can track and it being waterproof. I would say if you’re willing to spend that pretty penny on this watch then it will be a good investment.
A lot of fitness trackers out there aren’t waterproof and that’s a big plus with the Garmin Vivoactive. You can take it swimming and track your steps to your runs without ever taking it off to shower or anything like that.
The Vivoactive HR will help you get to the road of a healthier living lifestyle giving you the stats you need to stay in shape and push your body as far as it could take you. Invest in one today and see that you will not be disappointed.
I hope this review has helped answer some of the questions you might have had regarding the Garmin Vivoactive HR. If I didn’t answer all your questions or if you feel a different way about the Vivoactive HR, please feel free to share your experience below.
I would also love some feedback as well if you have some time. Thank you for stopping by and taking time to read my review. Have a great day/night.